Technical Difficulties03. October 2018 | link this post
I tend to advertise developing your own film as something that’s approachable and at its core quite simple. While that holds true I’ve also learned these days to always mind the basics. In my specific case my fixer became saturated and I must have really blanked when I tested it. It took my several days and films to figure out that I didn’t have any form of light-leakage anywhere but simply had to mix some new fixer.
Of course the great thing about this is that you can fix it afterwards to a great extend: I’m currently retroactively fixing the films that were involved in this and seems like most of the pictures can be saved quite well. So developing your own film is still great.